The Boston Women in STEM Idea Exchange Summit is just a week away and we want YOU to get involved in this exciting initiative. This is your time to inspire, engage, discuss and change the future of the STEM workforce.
The Women in STEM Idea Exchange Summit - Boston - October 21, 2014 at the Center for Women and Business Bentley University. Brings together companies struggling to fill their STEM job pipelines with female college students pursuing STEM degrees. It is designed to facilitate closing the gap between corporate needs for a STEM-enabled workforce and student questions about job prospects that align their passion with the needs of corporate America. Download the brochure for full program details: http://bit.ly/1mV2Hl4
Here are 5 ways you can have an impact on the Women in STEM initiative:
1) Students, Get Published. We are looking for a student or multiple students in the Boston area to write an executive summary of the Women in Exchange Idea Summit in Boston later this month. Your responsibility would be to write a summary of the sessions you attend to provide valuable perspective to other students. What’s in it for you? Outside of attending the event for free, your writing will be published on our website! Send all inquiries to Ali Saland at firstname.lastname@example.org
2) Tweet and Win a Free Pass! Fans and followers of The Women in STEM Idea Exchange Summits are invited to enter the Tweet & Win Contest by following @WISExchange and tweeting tips about how to become successful in STEM with the hashtag #STEMTips to win a complimentary pass to The Women in Exchange Idea Summit. Learn more here: http://bit.ly/1CHnZqe
3) Share Your Story. Share yours or someone else’s story about persisting and making a difference in STEM fields. Our My Story, My Advice Project features Women in STEM that are persisting in STEM fields and making a difference. It also gives their personal advice to the next generation of young women looking for encouragement to persist in STEM. Learn more here: http://bit.ly/1nRMwFV
4) Get Social. Start a discussion on one or more of our Women in STEM Exchange social media communities including LinkedIn: http://linkd.in/1rMWqbj Twitter: http://bit.ly/1uE2uVZ and Facebook: http://on.fb.me/1BBEwJR
5) Attend The Women in STEM Idea Exchange Summit. Become part of the solution; meet and network, recruit, share and feed the pipelines. Register today: http://bit.ly/1r1ZkUq
Also, check out our monthly STEM Chat Newsletter that features the amazing women of STEM: http://bit.ly/1tZ9YT2
Looking forward to seeing you at the Summit!
The Women in STEM Exchange Summits Team